Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 02-08-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
Activision who needs them?

http://www.xboxist.com/xbox-360/news...ing-010596.php

i just read that they are increasing the price of the UK version of MW2 to 54.99 instead of the 44.99 that most games are in the UK. So let me get this straight they want PS3 to drop in price so they can increase the price of their games, not just the peripherals but the games as well this is dumb and i think i may quit buying Activision games all together now
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
They increased it because games are alot harder to make these days. The same excuse we heard when games went from 50 to 60 permantly. That and the demand for their games will be so high that it "will be hard" to keep in stock at a lower price. AKA we want to make christmas shopping even more exspensive becuase we can.

The funny thing i see in it is they came out and said "we are not the only ones, other big studios will be doing the same" and the very next day EA comes out "we are not doing it, its a stupid idea." Ubisoft doesnt look they will be doing it either. So what other big studios are we talking about Activision?
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #3
PCN Master
you know the other ones that Activision just made up to sounds like they are trying to rip us off but really i see the 10 dollar increase to this Generation as acceptable becasue they were harder to make and were in HD and stuff but from MW to MW2 aka 2 years shouldnt be that much harder to make i really am liking Activision less and less each day kinda like my hatred for Valve
Old 02-08-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I guess they wanna make even more of a profit off of games because they know people will still buy the games, so they probably are trying to make more money off of how much people buy games
Old 02-08-2009   #5
PCN Master
yea but i think they will see much worse sales than expected in the UK if they keep this price point because people dont really wanna spend that much on a game. but it sounds like they are saying this is a premium game which is why it is a premium price to which i say BS
Old 02-08-2009   #6
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Its not just one game, they are having a 5 to 10 dollar increase on all their games. COD6 will see the biggest increase, obviously because it will sell and they dont care if you buy it or not. Next in the line is Guitar Hero if you ask me, then Tony Hawk, and both of those come with plastic periphals we dont need.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
It's all a grab for more cash, them raising the price is just them showing their faith that we gamers will eat up MW2 no matter what.

Vote with your bucks and watch the price drop.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009   #8
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: bharat4ever
I don't think i will buy it though. I know I will not make any difference in the overall sales picture, but I personally don't like shooting aimlessly at hordes of enemies, offline, or online... We'll see. If it gets an A on 1up.com, or a 95+ on ign and gamespot, then we'll see.

I bought prototype last week, pretty good game, but easily playable even on normal mode. I didn't try on hard though. They game too much emphasis on his super powers. The hunters are a bit tough to hoard off, but the military doesn't stand a chance against Alex Mercer. (This is Activision too, so jus said it )
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009   #9
PCN Master
yeah i just hate how they say they wont support PS3 with out a price cut then they jack the price of their games up that is just dumb to me
Old 03-08-2009   #10
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
I don't think i will buy it though. I know I will not make any difference in the overall sales picture, but I personally don't like shooting aimlessly at hordes of enemies, offline, or online... We'll see. If it gets an A on 1up.com, or a 95+ on ign and gamespot, then we'll see.

I bought prototype last week, pretty good game, but easily playable even on normal mode. I didn't try on hard though. They game too much emphasis on his super powers. The hunters are a bit tough to hoard off, but the military doesn't stand a chance against Alex Mercer. (This is Activision too, so jus said it )
Your mention of Prototype reminds me of another reason I hate Activision. I don't know if you know, but many PS3s were actually UNABLE to play the damn game after purchasing it. PS3 users were forced to wait for Activision to fix it, and I really couldn't believe how unprofessional this was.

If the same thing happens with MW2, they will be unbelievably screwed - fan backlash would be huge.
Old 03-08-2009   #11
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: bharat4ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonite View Post
Your mention of Prototype reminds me of another reason I hate Activision. I don't know if you know, but many PS3s were actually UNABLE to play the damn game after purchasing it. PS3 users were forced to wait for Activision to fix it, and I really couldn't believe how unprofessional this was.

If the same thing happens with MW2, they will be unbelievably screwed - fan backlash would be huge.
Hmm come to think of it, I initially played prototype without my ps3 connected to the net. And it played fine. I only remembered about the update they sent out when i realized i wasn't winning any trophies. So i downloaded the patch installed it, and then ran it.
So how come it ran in the first place without the patch? Maybe they sent out a fresh batch of discs with the patch implemented? Coz i bought the game a week back.
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009   #12
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Oh, it's not the first time it's happened for Activision, only in my case it's a problem they have never fixed and probably never will, if anyone buys Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (my copy was $5 used) don't play the online, all it will do is freeze your console, I even went back and got a new disc through GameStop that had absolutely no scratches, like brand new and it still freezes my console when I choose online. Generally though they don't implement patches into discs until the greatest hits edition because that requires a lot of testing to ensure those copies don't cause more problems and with online access being available it's much cheaper to send updates out online vs. changing the current disc to accommodate new updates. Each person's situation is different though, some Sony firmware updates have locked certain model of PS3 and not affected others at all, perhaps you have been lucky with your copy.
Old 07-08-2009   #13
Staff
PSN ID: Nikhil
They're just trying to scalp gamers. They know that everyone will still buy it even if it's more expensive, so they're just taking advantage of the consumer.
Nikhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009   #14
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipchit02 View Post
yeah i just hate how they say they wont support PS3 with out a price cut then they jack the price of their games up that is just dumb to me
thats is pretty dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipchit02 View Post
yea but i think they will see much worse sales than expected in the UK if they keep this price point because people dont really wanna spend that much on a game. but it sounds like they are saying this is a premium game which is why it is a premium price to which i say BS
yeah, exactly what I think