Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 28-03-2010   #1
"The New Guy"
Opinions on inFAMOUS (used the search, but couldnt find much)

What is your opinion of inFAMOUS (reviews/long posts encouraged)?

now, i dont mean in relation to prototype or a sandbox open world or any game for that matter....i always see infamous spoken of in comparison, but id like to forget that

i just began the game, and at first, i wasnt impressed. the demo seemed to be very excellent but the games start wasnt. i realize though, the more ive played it, the more i liked it. another member said it gets better as you play as well. i realize now that the demo was like midgame, and when i checked my memory of my status, i have a lot of XP and upgrading to do. then, battles wont seem so annoying. right?

anyway, i think the game has a lotta potential, and though the graphics are a disappointment, the replay value far outweighs that minor quality.

So...your thoughts
chrislisting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
The game was good, not in the league of an Uncharted 2 by any means but if you take it for what it is you should have a good time.

I played through the first time as a good guy on normal and felt a bit underwhelmed, but
playing through on evil and easy was a blast, just cause mayhem wherever you go.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010   #3
Staff
As I said in your other thread, I loved inFAMOUS (first game I ever platinumed), it is one of my top 3 games this generation. There's something about it that just feels right, teh gameplay gets better and better as you gain more powers, and it's just completely fun to play. There wasn#t really any point in the game where I was frustrated, even at the epic boss battle at the end.

I guarantee that when you finish the game, you'll want a sequel, and also you'll want to play through as evil (or good if you did evil on your first play through). I personally found it very interesting the way the karmic choices work, hope they expand on that and make it more like Mass Effect(ish) next time round.

Cannot wait until inFAMOUS 2.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010   #4
"The New Guy"
yeah, i decided to keep the game because of your reply in my other thread.

right now, im playing it on hero/good, so i dont have access to the bad ("cool") powers, so i might start a new save file to play on bad at the same time and switch between the two.

one problem with the game is im sometimes unsure of what im supposed to do. like i said, im on high ground, and i found like 5 of 32 dead drops....im confused as how to proceed cuz theres so much going on at one time.

but thanks again for your input
chrislisting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010   #5
PCN Member
Phenomenal freakin' game - one of my absolute top favorite PS3 titles available. I've beaten it multiple times now (and Platinum'd) - and even having accomplished everything, I still go back for more. The controls do take a little getting used to, but as you progress through the game, they become second nature - very fluid.

Infamous 2 is right near the top of my most-wanted list!
TonySoprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010   #6
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
It was a really slow start for me, and I almost stopped playing it early into the second island - so slow, in fact, that I started up Red Faction and beat that. But then I went back to inFamous and man, the story REALLY picks up steam towards the back half of the second island.

It actually wraps up REALLY well, can't wait for inFamous 2!
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote