Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 10-11-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
who's got Black ops?

okay, who's gotten Black Ops?
I wanna get it next week, but I wanna know about it.

some people are saying it's the best Call of Duty game ever but other people say it's even buggier than MW2 was.

what's your opinion on it?
Old 11-11-2010   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
We should have the game by weeks end, ill give you guys an early opinion here whenever we get it. Should be tomorrow.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010   #3
SuperStaff
So I got to play it today.

Single Player - nothing special at all, in fact I was getting bored with it. Its the usual Treyarch ambush style gameplay and its kinda lame. The story is interesting, just told in a bad way.

Multiplayer- They didn't attempt to be realistic at all haha, same goes for SP, but its fun. Its a complete arcade shooter now, nothing is realistic and its really easy to play. Im not sure how I feel about the leveling though. Basically they just restricted absolutely everything and made it feel like your unlocking it as you go.

I havent tried zombies yet so I don't have an opinion on it just yet. Overall at this stage, I dont think its a 60 dollar game just yet but multiplayer is very fun and depthy. In terms of quality, Medal of Honor is better hands down, but in terms of fun Black Ops has a slight edge.

If you want single player, get Medal of Honor for sure.
Old 11-11-2010   #4
PCN Master
what would your rating of it be then?
Old 12-11-2010   #5
SuperStaff
Its an 8 right now, im thinking thats where it will stay.
We gave Medal of Honor an 8.7.

Further playing

-Its a giant lagfest, every game ive been in had framerate or lag issues.
-Single player is basically a modernized WaW, its super friggin boring still.
-Zombies is basically the same thing, just bigger maps and harder to kill zombies aka you cant get headshots with a handgun.
-The wager matches are frustrating lol, well most of them. Two of them consist of people constantly camping near the end and the others are kinda fun.

Overall Im having fun with multiplayer, but its not worth 60 bucks yet. PS3 version needs a patch or more servers.
Old 12-11-2010   #6
PCN Master
I know Machinima gave it a 10 out of 10 but I didn't really see how it could get a 10 because it would obviously have problems since Activision probably rushed it.
your number is more realistic for a COD games
Old 13-11-2010   #7
SuperStaff
IGN ticked me off massively! I just read their review and its complete BS. They said certain things were not game breaking, yet reading the MOH review it was game breaking for that game. Lag, poor textures, poor graphics, stupid AI, horrible SP....it was all passive to their COD review and for MOH it was a huge deal.
Old 13-11-2010   #8
PCN Master
were those things the same in both games?

most sites love COD, so I can understand their bias towards it, which is ridiculous
Old 13-11-2010   #9
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
From what I have seen around the net the 360 version is far superior to the PS3. Some people have gone as far to say the PS3 version falls below 40fps in certain times of the game.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010   #10
SuperStaff
It does, obviously MS pushed some money to get some other "exclusive" stuff, yet half their base is on the PS3.

The lag is horrible on the PS3 version, MOH has no issues at all. And to answer above they bashed MOH for reasons like

-AI isn't smart
-Textures load late
-Online is laggy
- The story was short and wasn't interesting, too hollywood

Then their COD review was like
-AI isn't smart, but thats to be expected
-Textures load late, but its not game breaking
-Story was mindblowing, epic in every way
Old 14-11-2010   #11
PCN Master
that's ridiculous that they said that what broke MOH wouldn't break Black Ops but I guess most sites love Activision stuff
Old 14-11-2010   #12
PCN Addict
This is typical for the lame-stream gaming media. They all drink the kool-aid that Microsoft and Activision serve out. G4tv is the worst. They just get on their knees and you know what's next. Should've seen G4's review of Kinect...
Old 15-11-2010   #13
PCN Master
from most Kinect reviews, places have been ****ting on it because there's nothing good yet and it's been horribly done
Old 15-11-2010   #14
SuperStaff
I was suprised Kinect actually got a worse review on IGN than Move.

I played both at E3 and there final builds. Ill admit MS improved from E3, but its still just a PS Eye. Its not gonna save 360 or extend its life though, it might add a few months for them to explain their lack of exclusives, but thats about it. Move has way more potential, since Killzone, MAG, and Socom are already using it. I doubt Halo would find anything amazing with Kinect.
Old 15-11-2010   #15
PCN Addict
I was wondering if Kinect improved since E3 glad you could shed some light on that. G4 was saying on Feedback that it was better than Move.

I watch alot of G4 xplay, AOTS, etc.. And I remember when the PS2 was king they would make fun of Xbox. I know because I was a xbox fanboy. Now it seems that they have become hypocrites because like what Dustin said. It is all good for who they are rooting for today. It's called a double standard...

One of G4's review comments of MOH was like i"t was just like COD"....Well isn't Black Ops Call of Duty????

I may rent COD: Black Ops.....
Old 15-11-2010   #16
SuperStaff
E3 build of Kinect was horrible to say the least, the MS reps had to constantly "fix " it and tell you how to do it properly. Then I went to the Move booth, the guys were like "here are the controllers, just punch ther other guy, have fun" stepped back and let people play.

I played it again and its not as bad, but it still has its problems. I was playing bowling or something, and putting your hand too far back makes the characters arm twist all weird etc...

As for the MOH thing, thats exactly what I'm saying.
I let some people borrow the game just to get another opinion, come back today "the games sucks, why does it suck?" lol
Old 17-11-2010   #17
PCN Master
well, I got Black ops and I really enjoy what I've played of it