Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 24-08-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Activision is at it Once Again

Well we all know Activision hasn't exactly been the favorite of people lately with all the talk they have been doing, well now to add further insult to everyone Guitar Hero 5 DLC will not work with any other Guitar Hero game but you can export songs from Guitar Hero World Tour and Smash Hits, although probably for a price. It's like they want to turn people off the franchise, Rock Band isn't like this and it's not like they aren't making money, fine the DLC isn't going to work with Beatles Rock Band (and you can't export Beatles Rock Band songs to other Rock Band games) but it's a spin-off game really meant for Beatles fans, not the general audience for these games, I would say EA actually has this one thought through well and is poised to take a lot of audience from Activision.
Old 24-08-2009   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Guitar Hero has always been like this and its no surprise. Rock Band has always been open to other things, they even allow Guitar Hero controllers to work with it. The only person throwing a fit about that was Activision...

However are you serious Beatles is not compatible with other Rock Bands? Thats extremely stupid, must be something in the deal with The Beatles then. The game isnt interesting as is, then you say i cant put Rock Band mix in it too....well im not buying it FOR SURE now.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2009   #3
PCN Master
Unfortunately so, as GameSpot confirmed all the Beatles Rock Band songs can't be exported to Rock Band nor can any Rock Band songs be imported into Beatles Rock Band, personally I think it's something the Beatles requested, similar to how AC/DC refuses to sell songs separately, they have to be sold as albums, hence the AC/DC Live track pack's existence on disc. Besides historically the Beatles have been very controlling of everything, why do you think it took so long for them to release their music on iTunes.
Old 24-08-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
but at least they are not bashing on a console or saying that DLC will work on 360 but not PS3 which is what i was expecting you to say
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2009   #5
SuperStaff
Lol why dont they bash MS? You know "We wont give MS DLC anymore unless they drop the price to Xbox Live for free!" That way its not interfearing with their monopoly of rip offs. Along with that GH songs will cost 5 bucks each thanks to them being hard to make! (sarcasm)

No offense to the fans, but the Beatles just suck. Why they have so much demand over every little things is stupid. I mean bands like Metallica may be controlling and dont want to be used in certain ways, but at least they have a right to be that way. Beatles are just pulling a Nickelback without all the media hate for some reason.
Old 24-08-2009   #6
PCN Master
Well all old bands lately seem to have the thought they can get away with whatever we want, the Beatles, AC/DC and more all have to have it their way or it's the highway and in the end all it hurts are the fans, the Beatles just happen to be in the unique position that they are so popular people are willing to look past the $200-250 price tag and the fact the game is not interchangeable. Don't get me wrong, I have respect for the Beatles music but this is extortion.
Old 24-08-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Lol why dont they bash MS? You know "We wont give MS DLC anymore unless they drop the price to Xbox Live for free!" That way its not interfearing with their monopoly of rip offs. Along with that GH songs will cost 5 bucks each thanks to them being hard to make! (sarcasm)

No offense to the fans, but the Beatles just suck. Why they have so much demand over every little things is stupid. I mean bands like Metallica may be controlling and dont want to be used in certain ways, but at least they have a right to be that way. Beatles are just pulling a Nickelback without all the media hate for some reason.
you know that is a good point i dont understand why they dont do that. oh yeah now i remember cuz they dont hate MS like they do Sony lol i mean that is like the same thing they are saying with the PS3 price drop and games
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2009   #8
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
Well all old bands lately seem to have the thought they can get away with whatever we want, the Beatles, AC/DC and more all have to have it their way or it's the highway and in the end all it hurts are the fans, the Beatles just happen to be in the unique position that they are so popular people are willing to look past the $200-250 price tag and the fact the game is not interchangeable. Don't get me wrong, I have respect for the Beatles music but this is extortion.
they're charging between $200-$250 for it? that is definitely extortion, good thing I cant stand the Beatles
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2009   #9
SuperStaff
Its for the whole set i believe, you can get just the game for like 60 or 70.
Old 24-08-2009   #10
PCN Master
But it's a replica Beatles plastic guitar, drum set and on, that makes it worth so much more than the standard game at $60-70, oh yes, just like the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition is worth an extra $70 over the Hardened edition for some plastic goggles you can get a Toys R Us and a plastic molding of Soaps's head. But hey the Beatles and EA were kind enough to let you use the instruments you already have laying around your house which is good.
Old 24-08-2009   #11
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
I'm not a fan of those kind of games but the beatles! How can I possibly say no to that?
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2009   #12
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Its for the whole set i believe, you can get just the game for like 60 or 70.
o, that makes more sense to me, thanks Dustin
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compatible, dlc, guitar, hero, incompatible