Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation Network
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 07-12-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
The Largest PSN Download Ever is Coming

So how large is it, around 8-10GB for a single game (apparently the entire Siren series is around 12GB but you can download them as individual episodes so it's not the largest single download), but what is releasing that is so big. The RPG Record of Agarest War which will be exclusively released in digital format in North America, Japan has physical copies available.

Now besides the fact it would take a while just to download this monster of a file (I'm basing this off the Internet speeds I'm used to being able to get with the best from Bell Internet and from the college here with dedicated Internet pipelines, it would still take several hours, granted there are people with better connections still but it isn't going to be finished in 10 minutes) and some people would lose around half their bandwidth for a month on this one download, do these people even take into consideration that some of us are still on stock hard drives as small as 20GB (well at this point anyone with sanity probably upgraded a 20GB since you would be deleting game data constantly but you never know) and even my 80GB is down to less than 20GB and to require gamers to go out and buy an upgrade for their hard drive just so they can install your monster sized game isn't exactly bright.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 07-12-2009 at 02:09 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
that is ridiculous
as u say, some people probably don't have enough space
I must agree, its not very bright
that would take a while to download, especially considering how slow the internet in res is here
Old 07-12-2009   #3
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
well its good that the 'option' is there i guess, because you do get this 50mb broadband now and on a good average day ive heard it still downloads at like 15mbps so for these people i guess it would be ok, and for people with bigger harddrives! but im never going to download anything so big lol! i rented a film early sunday and it was over 5gb to download and i had to leave my playstation n through the nite to finish lol like 12 hours -.- but yeah i dont think its bad that they have the 'option' although alot of people probably wont do it :)
Old 16-12-2009   #4
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Gen_itals
Well maybe this is why Sony is going bigger and bigger with their hard drives. For me persoanlly it would be a 2-4 hour download since PSN optimizes your download speed being around .75-1.1 out my 1.5 mb/sec download speed so I don't see that bad.

I have Bell as well ( rhyme, hehe) and fo 40 bucks a month I get 1.5mb/sec and 65gb bandwidth what are you running? (question towards the OP)
LordKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2009   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
The plan I have access to with Bell doesn't even exist anymore and is the best I can get in the area of my house, Bell hasn't upgraded the lines near my house yet so I'm stuck with around 500kb/s downloads (although compared to some of my family members connections, that's blazing fast) but 60GB of bandwidth usage a month. Here at the college though the Internet pipelines are through Rogers but we have dedicated lines for the college so at some times we can peak at 1mb/s depending on the amount of users on the network but not on the PlayStation Network and usually only in a specific lab.
Old 16-12-2009   #6
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I think the fastest I've ever seen here is 300 kb/s but thats only happened a few times and I'm usually stuck with between 50-120 kbs which can be frustrating plus we can't download stuff like torrents in res but we can inside the actual school, which is strange.
I know the school is trying to revent the students from using too much bandwidth though so thats why they have the firewall prevent most stuff except for stuff like school related stuff and occasional game stuff.
I know we can't get torrents in res but its strange because we can download WoW and other game updates and stuff from PSN in res but PSN stuff like demos are a pain to download, probably because theres a lot of people on the internet in res and we get slow internet a lot
Old 18-12-2009   #7
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
i have 10mb/unlimited download broadband.. yet i barely reach past 150kbps, and if im lucky the odd occasion it will boost to around 1-1.5mbps but seemed to get capped/dramatically slowed after 1gb of downloading like the MAG 3gb download took me around and hour/hour and a half to get the first 1gb and then had to leave it on ALL night while i slept lol because it slowed down to like 1-200kbps i hate them! but like i said its nice that they have the ooption there