Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion > Technical Support
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 06-06-2009   #1
"The New Guy"
PS3 not displaying anything- HELP!

My problem is I can?t get the PS3 to display on my TV. I have tried both HDMI and the A/V cables that come with the system. I have done the video settings reset thing (when the systems on standby, press the power button and hold until you get the second beep) with no results. I have also reset to default settings (from standby, hold down power button until you get 2 beeps consecutively) which gave me hope because the menu came up (the options it gave me include restart system, reset to default settings, restore file system, etc), but then I clicked reset to default settings and that screen went away leaving me again with a blank screen and my tv saying ?No Signal Detected.? Sony told me I need to send it in for repairs. However I refuse to pay $150 when the answer seems to be so close seeing as how I can get at least something to show up. There is no obvious physical damage to cords or the ports and I have tried multiple HDMI wires. Somebody please help!
cag0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009   #2
Staff
That's very strange, it seems like a software issue. I'd suggest trying to get through the recovery menu again, but this time click "Restore PS3 System". It is the most likely to work, if that doesn't work, try pulling the HDD out it seems like it is an issue with that.

A couple of questions if neither of these work:

Have you tried another TV?
Does the PS3 light do anything strange, i.e. a different color?
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
any chance you imported the ps3
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009   #4
"The New Guy"
fixed, but still issues

so its fixed. I dont know exactly how it gott fixed, but it is. It was the strangest thing. I was charging a new controller with the usb attached to the front of the ps3 as usual, and that started acting weird so i unplugged it and plugged it back in (I was down by the system restarting it at the time so it was in the process of booting up) and when i did that the display all the sudden worked (i was thinking maybe it was because i was using a usb cord that was not native to the ps3, maybe there was something wrong with it or something along those lines). However there were still issues and i had to do a system update via flash drive because at that point the issue was the system was freezing within 2 minutes of being on (i had to go to that menu i described above and use the usb flash drive in there). NOW, there are still some issues that maybe you can help me with-- the system is still freezing a lot more frequently then it ever has, and also, when in the home menu and other dark screens there are a great number of what appear at first glance to be dead pixels( mostly green but some red and blue), but when i look closer they are flickering and they are not on any other screen except for the ps3. I was thinking it could be a heat issue, but i dont know. I need some serious help!
Old 07-06-2009   #5
PCN Master
is that the stock hard drive in your machine
Old 07-06-2009   #6
"The New Guy"
yeah everything is completely stock
Old 07-06-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
do you have any idea what the problem was? were the cables just not plugged in all the way in the back of the PS3? or do you have no idea
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009   #8
"The New Guy"
no like i said it was the strangest thing ive ever seen. literally nothing changed except for me unplugging the usb cable
Old 07-06-2009   #9
PCN Master
Hows the air flow around the unit, lots of ventilation?
Old 07-06-2009   #10
"The New Guy"
yeah it was in an open area on the floor, now i have it up on a table and i attached an extra cooling fan i had from a while back just in case.. i dont know if it does anything but i figured it couldnt hurt
Old 07-06-2009   #11
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
lol maybe the USB cable was just not compatible. i know that doesnt work like that but w/e its just weird
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote