Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > General Chat > Off Topic
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 09-12-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
what is with XBOX 360 fanboys?

okay, I think we already know this already but XBOX 360 fanboys can get really annoying with just how ignorant they can be.
I just wanna see if anyone else here knows where they get a lot of their ideas from.
okay, first does anyone know where they get the ideas that "there are no good games on the PS3" from?
this may have been true in like 2006 or 2007 but this is 2009 and last time I checked there are many GREAT games on the PS3.
second does anyone know why they make fun of Blu-Ray so much? the only explanation I can find is that they're just mad because their HD DVD was a failure so they'll just try to make Blu-Ray out to be a failure as well.
third, I don;t know if anyone else here has gotten this but I have heard some 360 fanboys criticize blue tooth even saying "Blue Tooth is the most unstable technology around" or something like this, where do they get this from?
if anyone knows where 360 fanboys get these ideas from or if anyone else has heard anything else ridiculous coming from 360 fanboys, it would be greatly appreciated if u left it here
Old 09-12-2009   #2
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Well PS3 fanboys are just as bad lol. Fanboys of any company/product are stupid. The PS3 does have flaws which Xbots blow out of proportion to further their argument.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009   #3
PCN Master
I know PS3 fanboys can be pretty ignorant as well (with the PS3 is the best because its the most high tech or whatever) but my thing with 360 fanboys is that they have really no clue what they're talking about when they make fun of the PS3 and they will blow anything out of proportion when they try to further their argument like what u say
and my other thing with Xbots is that they won't admit that the 360 has flaws as well and they get really ****ed when they hear people criticize the 360s flaws like the RROD

Last edited by m0tl3sl4y3r; 09-12-2009 at 09:50 PM..
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009   #4
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
they are just very narrow minded, ive heard bullsh*t like "cell processors arent even good" "the graphics suck" "you can use a full keyboard.. so its basically a PC" etc etc lol i am a total ps3 fanboy, i hate microsoft and the 360 but im not dumb enough to make retarded and false claims, i hit them with facts! and one happens to(which they never do) hit me with a factual fault of the ps3(and they do exist) i'd be like "yup true but 'inserts full list of 360 problems'" lol i really dont know why they do it i just know they are total fools!
Old 09-12-2009   #5
PCN Master
yeah they are pretty narrow minded, I've heard some fanboys say that the 360 fanboys say that the 360 has better graphics just because multi-plats look better on the 360 and like 95% of games are multi plat, so therefor the 360 has better graphics.
I wouldn't say I hate the 360, the system itself is fairly good but the fanboys make it look really bad in my opinion due to them making false claims as u said
Old 09-12-2009   #6
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Like Jordan said, both sides are really ignorant to extents.
As for 360 fanboys, I have friends that really were clueless about PS3. They used all these excuses and more and all I did, in a regular conversation manner, corrected them. Said "hey are you honestly going to notice 3 million differnt people on PSN? What about these games? Whats wrong with blu ray its fantastic" and they just turned around "oh that is cool I guess, now I want one. "
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009   #7
PCN Master
I guess that's why there's a big console war going on right now, fanboys of both systems are too ignorant too admit that there's good parts in the other system and are only worried about why their system is the "superior" system.
honestly, I think both systems have their weaknesses and strengths just I "prefer" the PS3, not that I think it's " better" but I just like it more.
When I ask Xbots why they think "blu-ray sucks" or "PS3 has no good games" or "PSN sucks, Live is better" they usually can't come up with something good, which I guess relates to what Dustin says
the only time they can up with an answer to one of those statements is why they think PSN sucks they say "it lags a lot" I just respond, " first of all, it depends on your connection and second of all PSN DOES NOT lag, it's usually pretty reliable"
Old 09-12-2009   #8
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0tl3sl4y3r View Post
Honestly, I think both systems have their weaknesses and strengths just I "prefer" the PS3, not that I think it's " better" but I just like it more.
OMG. This is my favourite thing anyone has ever said on this forum.

+1,000,000
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009   #9
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
OMG. This is my favourite thing anyone has ever said on this forum.

+1,000,000
thanks man, its true though, the 360 doesn't "suck" or isn't "inferior" to the PS3, people here just like it more
Old 10-12-2009   #10
Staff
Most 360 fanboys will say Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 don't look as good as Gears of War. Whereas someone who has actually played all the games will say quite the opposite :)
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #11
PCN Master
yeah I've heard people say that, Gears of War looks better than Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 but Gears of War doesn't even come close, not trying to sound like a fanboy or anything
Old 11-12-2009   #12
1337 Sauce
I've played Gears of War at my buddies house and it doesn't even come close to Uncharted 2 or Killzone 2. I was thinking to myself when I was playing it, what is so special about this game and my answer to myself was, NOTHING...
saxxon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #13
SuperStaff
Gotta think, in terms of graphics, it has to be around the same level as Unreal Tournement 3? And if it isn't, there is no way its any better than Batman. All of which run on UE3. While both games look great, they both got pushed aside in terms of graphics by other PS3 games lol.
Old 11-12-2009   #14
1337 Sauce
Hell I thought Unreal Tournement looked better on my PS3 than Gears of War 2 did when I was playing it my friends house, it just looked really choppy to me?!?
Old 11-12-2009   #15
SuperStaff
Does he play in HD? I know the 360 level of quality realy slips without HD. Its not like PS3 where it looks great in SD then amazing in HD.
Old 11-12-2009   #16
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Does he play in HD? I know the 360 level of quality realy slips without HD. Its not like PS3 where it looks great in SD then amazing in HD.
No he's got a nice HD TV and I even asked him if he had hooked up right and he did. I was just expecting just this unreal looking game and I was pleasantly surprised buy how crappy it actually looked, like I said just really choppy!! LOL!!!
Old 11-12-2009   #17
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
they're actually mad because, barely any of there games are exclusive to 360.. theres not many that aren't on pc :D but vice versa there isnt many ps3 games(exclusives) on PC :D so we can if we want still play there 'fantastic exclusives' lol, and yeah i dont think the gears graphics are as great as they say but it is what it is :D
Old 11-12-2009   #18
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
I haven't read all of the posts in this thread... So don't slam me if I repeat something.

1st- At launch on the 360 there weren't that great of titles either Gear of War didn't hit till fall of 06 and HALO 3 didnt' hit till fall of 07. PS3 did have Resistance Fall of Man.

2nd- We have got to look at the demographic of the 360. Blu-ray when it was released was realy for people who had lots of money to spend and for hardcore gamers. This typically means older people. Young people (mostly late high schoolers, and college goers) were able to afford the 360. Oh, HD-DVD didn't realy come out of the gate swinging vs blu-ray so it died a pretty quick death but Blu-ray has taken longer (DVD vs Blu-ray) to become mainstream mostly due to the hardware costs and software costs. We have started seeing the prices come down. I think the jury is still out on if the mainstream will accept it. There is still DVD out there,Video on Demand, movies on PSN and XBL, and video streaming gaining popularity as well. Blu-Ray has a tough road to hoe.

3rd-Bluetooth...As we know bluetooth is a short range radio frequency that uses a small power supply... Wa La the reason the PS3 controller weighs lighter than the 360 controller and the PS3's controller's battery life lasts longer. I don't know about you guys but my PS3 controller is awesome...Don't realy have a complaint about it.

Typcially people are afraid of things they don't understand. Valve are you listening???? I know plenty of people who have gone from 360 to PS3. I don't know any who have went from PS3 to 360....

That's all I got on this one.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #19
PCN Master
I know one person who went from 360 to PS3 then back to 360 but hes the only one I know who went from PS3 to 360
about the controllers...the 360 controllers are so much bigger and yeah, their batteries don't last long, when I'm playing with my buddies on their 360s the batteries need to be recharged a lot
I guess 360 fanboys don't like blu ray because they don't understand it
Old 11-12-2009   #20
SuperStaff
Lol I have a friend that literlly sells his console and jumps on the other bandwagon whenever a game comes out. Halo is coming he suddenly loves 360, Resistance is coming and he hates 360. I make fun of him for it lol