Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 12-03-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
BioShock 2 DLC Is Already On The Disc

Yes, as several people have noticed after downloading the DLC for BioShock 2, the download size was less than 1MB leading to accusations similar to Capcom's blunder a few months back. Then 2K had this to say:

"The way our engine and game structure works is that people need to have the exact same content for people to play together. One of the challenges with post launch content for MP is that it can split the player base, and we want to avoid that whenever possible. For this content, creating the DLC package the way we did allowed for us to not split the player base ? so whether you purchase the new content or not, you can still play with your friends."

Now as others have around the Internet, I call shenanigans on this "DLC", essentially we are paying to unlock content already on the stupid disc we paid full price for (and as far as I am concerned, if it's on the disc, we get to play it now, if you want to extend things later fine, but you don't get to close off parts of the game on the disc) and as much as 2K claims this was to unite the community, Rockstar Games, who like 2K is owned by Take-Two, with their game, Midnight Club: Los Angeles added DLC that significantly rewrote the multi-player portion several months after the game released, but instead of dividing the community, they released a free version of the DLC that everyone downloaded that just expanded the map (so everyone could still play together, regardless of paying or not) and then the paid version unlocked the extra parts, cars and races. All of this was done without ripping off gamers of content already on the disc (we received a complete game) which seems to be the new standard for game companies lately.