Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 09-02-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Is There No End to the Games Adding Multi-player

BioShock 2, InFamous 2, both are games who unlike their original games have added or will be adding multi-player modes, well we can now add one more to the mix apparently, Assassins Creed. According to Ubisoft the next Assassins Creed game will feature a multi-player "innovative" assassination mode.

On top of that EA announced in 2011 every single game they will release will have online play and paid DLC.

What's next, Quantic Dream announcing Heavy Rain will have an online mode, it seems there is no end to the amount of game series willing to add multi-player modes.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 09-02-2010 at 09:48 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #2
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: bharat4ever
What can we do? That is the cash cow at the moment. Everybody wants to play online, everybody wants to kiss other real people's asses.
There is an upside for the developers too. Take MW2 for example. The SP was so short, and they never bothered about making the AI smart. They just run at you just to get shot. Compare that to the multiplayer in which real people team up, flank, strategize etc. With more and more of multiplayer coming in, the AI needn't be improved to a great extent.
P.S. Compare the AI in MW2 and in KZ2,(though KZ2 also has MP) you'll get my point.
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #3
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Simple fact, online = longer time spent playing the game which in return makes the game worth 60 dollars.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Simple fact, online = longer time spent playing the game which in return makes the game worth 60 dollars.
yeah, that pretty much sums it up, with games being so expensive now, you should be able to get as much as you can out of them or they're simply not worth it
with most h=games I find, theres only a certain amount of time I can play the story without it getting old, I can't speak for other people though
Old 09-02-2010   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
To be perfectly honest I fell much better about my game purchases when the single-player campaign is much better, to this day Army of Two haunts me for that, that game was $49.99 and unless you have someone to play with, it sucked (in my opinion). Modern Warfare 2 was the same, I finished the story campaign and for the short time I could play the online I just didn't get much enjoyment out of it, I always found myself going to games like Burnout Paradise, even Killzone 2, I've played 2-3 games online but sure enjoyed the storyline, even though I never finished the game, last level frustrated me enough I put the controller down before I broke it.

To me a game is great when it has a great story mode, if there's multi-player thrown in as an afterthought that's half decent, well at least I might get something out of it but the games they are announcing multi-player modes for lately just don't seem like games where they could implement multi-player that well and the single-player then suffers as a result.
Old 09-02-2010   #6
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I'd rather have a good story mode as well but it seems that developers would rather put in a good online mode just to get more people to buy the game.
as for Modern Warfare 2, I'm in the sam position as you, I finisher the story mode and played enough to get to under level 20 I believe but lost interest in it and then MAG came out.
Burnout Paradise is great and I really liked the story mode for it but got irritated with the last level like you did and got my brother to beat it for me.
I'm probably gonna give MW2 a second chance though so I don't get bored of MAG