|Overview - SuperCar Challenge
Eyes Wide Shut
Players young and old, veteran or novice will be able to enjoy the look and feel of a real supercar thanks to brand new additions to the handling modes, with the ultimate aim being to graduate players through to full simulation handling.
Assist Mode – race with all the assists switched onto full. An amazing way to learn how to drive a supercar and learn the track, but also just great fun. Tear around a track without fear of screwing things up because you forgot to brake at just the right time. This makes the game accessible to so many more people and will even see your gran cruising around Silverstone on a Sunday afternoon with a smile on her face!
Arcade – the power of a supercar with forgiving handling and more powerful brakes. Performance off road will be less but nowhere near as much as in Simulation mode. Braking into corners and accelerating out of corners is far more straightforward and there’s no need to worry about spinning out all the time. You can REALLY throw your car around a corner and have fun whilst doing it. Don’t forget though – your opponents will be just as aggressive!
Simulation – the critically acclaimed handling returns. Drop your concentration for one second and it could mean you’re out of the race! For the hardcore simulation fans only, albeit with the option to change any of the assist settings.
Gimme A Break!
Your opponents’ artificial intelligence has also been completely rewritten with a brand new Dynamic AI setting allowing the game to change the challenge you receive based on how well or badly your career is going. Of course, if you fancy a real challenge you can always set the AI to Legendary… strap yourselves in tightly though because it won’t be an easy ride! (pto)
SuperCar Challenge – The Facts
- Over 40 different cars ranging from the Lamborghini Murcielago RGT, to the Aston Martin DB9, to the McLaren F1, to our previous favourite the Ferrari FXX.
- Over 20 tracks, from favourites such as Silverstone and Nurburgring to less well known greats such as Mugello Italy.
- Trophy mode, Career mode (more details to be announced soon), Arcade mode, Quick Race and 16-player online/LAN multiplayer.
- Ferrari Challenge’s praised livery creation tool has been taken and improved considerably.
- Dynamic AI: rival drivers will get better or worse depending on how you race so you’ll always have a decent challenge going on around you. Of course, should you wish to have consistent AI you can switch this mode off.
- Graphical overhaul: in terms of textures, poly counts, scenery, backdrops, particle effects and (perhaps most importantly) framerate, everything has been improved.
- Improved sound: every engine rev, screech and impact has been tirelessly recorded and re-recorded on the field. Voiceovers and commentary from Tiff Needell!
Latest related reviews are displayed.