News - LittleBigPlanet

Bad News for PS3's LittleBigPlanet
Posted on November 10, 2008 by Nikhil

Sony has been dealt quite a blow in the battle of the consoles. Little Big Planet, widely considered to be Sony’s flagship holiday title along with Resistance 2, has posted sales well behind Microsoft’s Gears of War 2. GeOW 2 debuted at #1 in the UK charts, while LBP only came in #4.

This is quite a disappointment to Sony and PS3 fans, especially considering that LBP had a couple days head start on GeOW2. Considering all the marketing Sony has done to try and push LBP as a major game for children and adults alike, it would seem that it is falling short of sales expectations.

However, the holiday season has just begun, and hopefully by the end of it LBP will overcome its initial slow sales and move a number of PS3 consoles.

Marvel DLC Coming to LittleBigPlanet June 28, 2010
 Sony Computer Entertainment Acquires Media Molecule March 2, 2010
 Big LBP Update Today November 30, 2009
 LBP: A Leerdammer Day November 27, 2009
 Sony Donate 1000 PS3s To Low Income Regions November 24, 2009

Reno says:
I think that LBP in the long run will def pic up i believe it lost sales when Sony called it back because of the Muslim lyrics that they had to pull because they didn't want to offend anyone i don't think we have anything to worry about LBP will keep the sales strong after Gears 2 drops because of the replay value that it presents and all the new levels that we will have flowing in.
Posted on Nov 11, 2008 14:35:09
DeFX says:
Gears of War is a sick game, I haven't tried the 2nd one, but I know the first one was amazing, so it's not suprising thats it's doing better than Litttle Big Planet. I guess people still haven't gotten to play Little Big Planet enough, cause at the first look, it looks like a kid game, you just have to try it to know how much fun it is.
Posted on Nov 12, 2008 09:30:57
Kaiboy12 says:
That's too bad. I think that LBP is a really awesome game. Sad to hear it's not doing so well.
Posted on Nov 12, 2008 19:19:30
ZachLott says:
I think LBP may be just a little too new and original for it to pick up immediately. Give it time, as word of mouth and high praise throughout the gaming media will help it pick up steam and eventually sell quite a few copies, even if it's over the course of a couple of years.
Posted on Nov 16, 2008 22:39:27
Kaiboy12 says:
I think that they really need to advertise this a lot more. Otherwise, it's never going to sell.
Posted on Nov 17, 2008 16:04:26
PCN Rating: NR

LittleBigPlanet Screenshots LittleBigPlanet Screenshots
LittleBigPlanet Screenshots

PAX 08: LittleBIGPlanet Gameplay PAX 08: LittleBIGPlanet Gameplay
Posted September 1, 2008
Category: PAX 2008
PAX 08 Interview: LittleBIGPlanet Kyle Shubel PAX 08 Interview: LittleBIGPlane...
Posted August 31, 2008