News - InFamous

Sucker Punch Dev Talks About PS3 Exclusive InFamous
Posted on November 12, 2008 by Nikhil

Nate Fox, creative director at Sucker Punch Studios (developers of InFamous), recently stated that they are striving for quality rather than quantity in their much anticipated PS3 exclusive. Fox points to examples in both God of War and Grand Theft Auto IV. GoW, while only 7 hours long, was a huge hit and system seller for PS2. GTAIV, clocking in at 30 hours, was just as acclaimed. Fox believes that the lesson here is that users care more about the quality of the gaming experience rather than the length.

Sucker Punch, known for their work on the PS2’s Sly Cooper series, is taking on a much darker game for their next generation debut. This pattern is similar to Naughty Dog and Insomniac, developers famous for their kid friendly PS2 games that debuted with Mature rated titles on the PS3.

While no release date has been announced for InFamous, Fox did reveal that a demo will hit the PSN shortly before it arrives in stores. While he did not comment on any DLC after launch, he did confirm that InFamous would support trophies, stating “We’d be complete and total jackasses not to support them. They are videogame crack and everybody knows it.” Hopefully it’s not too long before we’re able to get our fix with Infamous.

What if Sony Offers inFAMOUS for Free on PSN's Return? May 10, 2011
 Infamous 2 Confirmed May 29, 2010
 Black Friday Looking Very Promising For Sony November 27, 2009
 inFAMOUS 2 to feature online play? November 16, 2009
 inFAMOUS Finally Sells 1 Million Copies November 16, 2009

Kaiboy12 says:
I can't wait for this game to come out. It looks so awesome!
Posted on Nov 12, 2008 18:20:39
Reno says:
oh yeah this game is going to be sweet ps3 is starting to roll out the bad*****exclusives mgs4 was just a little bit ahead of the burst.
Posted on Nov 12, 2008 18:44:21
Dustin S. says:
I dont know i still think games need to be longer than 7 hours. I mean look at the criticism Mirrors Edge got and I wont be picking it up because its so shorrt. Its an amazing game to see the least but its short. You buy a game to last a while and no matter how good the game is this is always going to be a factor in purchase. Infamous looks good either way.
Posted on Nov 12, 2008 19:06:20
Nikhil says:
I can deal with short if the game has replay value. I personally prefer short high quality to long low quality. I do agree that 7 hours is a tad too far on the short side though. 9-10 hours is the perfect range IMO.
Posted on Nov 12, 2008 19:35:07
Kaiboy12 says:
I did not know that it was only 7 hours. Maybe I won't pick it up. I might rent it though.
Posted on Nov 17, 2008 16:03:23
Kaiboy12 says:
Posted on Nov 17, 2008 16:03:23
Nikhil says:
Posted on Nov 12, 2008 19:35:07
Dustin S. says:
Posted on Nov 12, 2008 19:06:20
Reno says:
Posted on Nov 12, 2008 18:44:21
Kaiboy12 says:
I can't wait for this game to come out. It looks so awesome!
Posted on Nov 12, 2008 18:20:39
Kaiboy12 says:
I can't wait for this game to come out. It looks so awesome!
Posted on Nov 12, 2008 18:20:39
Developer: Sucker Punch
Genre: Action
ESRB: Not Yet Rated
Release: 2009-05-26

InFamous Screenshots InFamous Screenshots
InFamous Screenshots

InFamous - InFamous - "Beauty of Power"
Posted March 30, 2009