News - Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Midway Making Another Mortal Kombat Title
Posted on January 26, 2009 by Dustin S.

In tough times, make more sequels! That seems to be the plan for many developers in this economic crisis and Midway is no different. With their recent press release they have announced that Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe has finally surpassed 1 million units sold. Midway also stated that MK vs DC was the fastest and most pre-ordered game in the Mortal Kombat series. Thats good news coming from one of gamings most respected developers but was not the only thing announced.

Upon further reading Midway also had this to mention:

“We’re already hard at work on our next version of Mortal Kombat, and look forward to being able to reveal more details in the future.”

So the question is, will it be another Universe battle with DC? Maybe Midway can get their hands on a Marvel vs MK title and slowly drag DC and Marvel worlds together? Or will they go back to the traditional Mortal Kombat games? We know as much as you do right now and can't wait to reveal more info as we get it, so stay tuned!

funkyfresh007 says:
I just hope its rated M.
Posted on Jan 26, 2009 20:29:06
says:
that game actually sold well? that's a surprise to me
Posted on Jan 26, 2009 21:38:26
meganutts says:
Alas, it wasn't enough to save the company. This once great company that fed us sum of the greatest times of the 90's with MK other classics, was counting on this revision to save them from bankrupt. With that said, let me say, this game is stupid. In what universe could Scorpion beat Superman? Really. How do u pit Batman against Raiden? I mean the concept on paper is awesome, and maybe in comic form it might fly, but I'm a bit of a purist, and this game is off balanced crazy. Still I feel saddened for Midway, that was a great company and I'll never forget their contributions to gaming in my time.
Posted on Oct 7, 2009 11:12:37
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe MORTAL KOMBAT VS. DC UNIVERSE
Publisher: Midway Games
Developer: Midway Amusement Games
Genre: Fighting
ESRB: Not Yet Rated
Release: 2008-11-10

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Screenshots Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Screenshots
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Screenshots