News - Killzone 2

Killzone 2 1.21 Patch Announced
Posted on March 27, 2009 by Nikhil

It’s been a while since the last Killzone 2 update, so it was great to hear that Guerrilla Games is planning on releasing the new 1.21 patch early this week. There are a lot of fixes, but some of the major ones include the re-addition of bots to online play as well as unranked matches. Oh, and the zoom auto-aim exploit will be gone too, so no more cheating to get those headshots! Here’s the complete list of what the patch will add, taken from Seb Downie’s post at the official KZ2 forums:

-Increase of the standard points settings for Bodycount. Should ensure longer mode on heavily populated games.
-The return of Online Bots. Adding bots to an online game renders it ‘unranked’.
-The option to create unranked games. Players will be made aware that a game is unranked upon joining.
-Fix to Game Search functionality so correct maps are displayed.
-Standardization of the Y-Axis controls on the HGH Scout when zoomed with the Sniper Rifle.
-Fix to Sensitivity setting where the weapon animation did not follow the reticule correctly.
-Fix for auto-aim exploit when rapidly tapping zoom/fire.
-Fix to infrequent collision issues with C4 Proximity mines.
-Fix to list of games displayed on search.
-Stability fix relating to disconnect.
-Fix to ‘Clan’ button functionality in custom game creation settings.

We are also working on the next updates and here are some of the areas we are exploring and investigating for the future patches:

-Controls. Seeing about giving more options.
-Expanding on Join Game searches and options.
-Improving game and network stability.
-Collision exploits on maps.
-Improvements to help play with friends.
-More game creation options.
-More game options for clans.
-Fixes to Clans unexpectadly losing tournament rounds.
-Other minor fixes.

Sony CEO confirms Killzone 3 March 20, 2010
 Police Officer Gets Caught Stealing PS3 Games November 8, 2009
 Killzone 2 Hits 2 Million Sold October 23, 2009
 Resistance and Killzone 3 Saving Sony's 2010 Holiday October 19, 2009
 Killzone on Hiatus July 24, 2009

tonzie says:
To be honest, Killzone 2 never really interested me. There are way too many FPSs out there now and this one just topped that pile. Not my style. Hmm, I'm a poet and didn't even know it. ;)
Posted on Mar 27, 2009 21:49:08
SaintAvi says:
Great, I've not had a chance to try bots out online, and exploit fixes are always good
Posted on Mar 27, 2009 22:01:44
TacticalSiN says:
Well tonzle this is a great game for the PS3 console. I understand its not your style but for FPS graphics now this is over a mile. Killzone 2 has created its own pile. The standard for PS3 FPS is now that much higher. Competing companies might not be able to handle the new flame lit on this here gaming candle. Plus at least this game you need skill. Cause if you aint got it you might as well be your own kill....This poet thing isnt so bad =)
Posted on Mar 27, 2009 22:02:03
Nikhil says:
Pshhh, KZ2 is pure awesomeness :p
Posted on Mar 27, 2009 22:12:08
tonzie says:
Haha very nice TacticalSiN It's not that I don't like the game, I haven't actually tried it out (other than the demo) My friends all like it, I just can't get in to any FPSs anymore (barring UT3 ahaha) I have to agree though, it does look pretty nice graphically. That's definitely a good thing about it. :)
Posted on Mar 27, 2009 22:18:24
Nikhil says:
The demo for KZ2 wasn't that great, I wouldn't judge the game on it. The first level is pretty basic, it really gets going in the 2nd/3rd level. My only complaint with the game was that the last level was waaaay too hard. The boss battle with Radec was ridiculous, to the point where it wasn't fun.
Posted on Mar 28, 2009 14:51:39
TacticalSiN says:
Well tonzle this was one of the few demos that insured me getting this game. That and my completely paid off pre order. The game is fun. Campaign is sluggish due to the "heavy" effect. But online is great. There is no map I dont like. But personally I like Radec Academy and Corinth Crossing. I think you should give it a few trys. Just to get into the game a bit more.
Posted on Mar 28, 2009 18:21:45