News - Killzone 2

Killzone 2 Patch Causing Game Freezing?
Posted on May 1, 2009 by Shak

Many gamers on the official PlayStation forums are complaining of frequent lock-ups and crashing when trying to play online in Killzone 2 due to the latest patch. Most users seem to have an issue when they download the Steel & Titanium pack first and then installed the patch.

A possible quick fix for those having issues is to go to Game Data Utility (not Games Save Utility) on your PlayStation 3 and delete Killzone 2 data. Then launch the game and download and install the patch first. This seems to fix problems for many users.

On the other hand I personally have been having frequent lock-ups and crashes, even though I have not yet purchased the DLC. The game tends to lock-up when trying to load online levels, other than Radec Academy. Whether this is a widespread problem, is as of yet unknown. Please leave your comments if you are also having these issues.

Sony CEO confirms Killzone 3 March 20, 2010
 Police Officer Gets Caught Stealing PS3 Games November 8, 2009
 Killzone 2 Hits 2 Million Sold October 23, 2009
 Resistance and Killzone 3 Saving Sony's 2010 Holiday October 19, 2009
 Killzone on Hiatus July 24, 2009

TacticalSiN says:
Yea this frustrated me to the hills. I was playing on Cruzer for the first time and literally had near 12 kills in a row without a death and the stats never showed up. Same with alot of others in the game. Then it froze.
Posted on May 1, 2009 19:42:12
irockusuk says:
Samething with me!!! Everytime it starts syncing up with other plaers, it tends to freeze up on me. its been doing that a little too often!
Posted on May 2, 2009 11:02:43
TacticalSiN says:
Well I tried the deleting the game data and so far it worked. I finished all the new trophies today also. Only pain was you had to reinstall stuff which I had trouble at first but got that done. Then I had to redownload the DLC. But its all worth it for it to stop.
Posted on May 2, 2009 23:00:42
OwnU4eva says:
Thats weird because its never happened to me. Just lucky I guess.
Posted on Jun 15, 2009 05:32:10
OwnU4eva says:
Thats weird because its never happened to me. Just lucky I guess.
Posted on Jun 15, 2009 05:32:10
TacticalSiN says:
Posted on May 2, 2009 23:00:42
irockusuk says:
Posted on May 2, 2009 11:02:43
TacticalSiN says:
Posted on May 1, 2009 19:42:12
TacticalSiN says:
Posted on May 1, 2009 19:42:12
irockusuk says:
Posted on May 2, 2009 11:02:43
TacticalSiN says:
Posted on May 2, 2009 23:00:42
OwnU4eva says:
Thats weird because its never happened to me. Just lucky I guess.
Posted on Jun 15, 2009 05:32:10