News - Killzone 2

Killzone 2 Flash and Thunder DLC Announced
Posted on May 20, 2009 by tonzie

With the recent news of Killzone 2's stall in sales, it appears that in a hasty marketing move Sony unveiled the next DLC for the game. Flash and Thunder will include the Beach Head and Southern Hills maps, remade for the PlayStation 3. Oh, and it's being released on June 11th. Yes, that soon.

Don't believe us? Take it straight from Sony:

"Second downloadable Killzone®2 Map Pack announced

"Fight your way down memory lane with the Flash and Thunder Pack: two original Killzone® maps remade for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™)

"London, 20th May 2009: The next wave of downloadable content for Killzone®2 on PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) has now been announced. Prepare for a literal blast-from-the-past in the form of the Flash and Thunder Pack: a download from PlayStation®Store featuring the Beach Head and Southern Hills maps. They’re two of the best maps from the original Killzone® for PlayStation®2 – now completely remade for PS3, overflowing with brutal combat between the ISA and the merciless Helghast and offering gamers even more ways to play the first-person shooter that everyone’s talking about.

"The Beach Head map sees the ISA tasked with defending a coastal stronghold against a Helghast landing force. This rain-lashed and windswept battlefield is limited in size – which means more action, more hand-to-hand combat, plenty of sneaking up on the enemy and melee kills galore. The Southern Hills map sees the ISA attempting to storm a Helghast compound on top of a hill. A mixture of built-up terrain and wide open spaces – perfect for headshot sniper kills – this map is full of hiding places and offers the perfect battlefield for a large-scale game with lots of players.

"The Flash and Thunder Pack is the second awesome installment of downloadable extra content for Killzone 2 on PS3 and will arrive in PlayStation®Store on (11th of June 2009). To find out more, please contact your local PR manager."

Let us know what you think of this bold marketing move, or just tell us how excited you are in general, just remember to grab this one up on June 11th.

Sony CEO confirms Killzone 3 March 20, 2010
 Police Officer Gets Caught Stealing PS3 Games November 8, 2009
 Killzone 2 Hits 2 Million Sold October 23, 2009
 Resistance and Killzone 3 Saving Sony's 2010 Holiday October 19, 2009
 Killzone on Hiatus July 24, 2009

SaintAvi says:
I hope they change it up a bit for the next pack with a more organic battlefield
Posted on May 20, 2009 14:16:44
SaintAvi says:
Posted on May 20, 2009 14:16:45
TacticalSiN says:
I can imagine they will. I remember hearing that they just took the original map design and just put next gen to it. So virtually it should be the same. Or damn near it. I am anticipating them to price this one high again so I saved about $10 on my account to be ready.
Posted on May 20, 2009 22:01:44
TacticalSiN says:
I jsut seen the video for these maps. They are going to be insane. They are complex in every way.
Posted on May 20, 2009 22:26:19