News - Killzone 2

Killzone 2 Map Pack 2 Out Today
Posted on June 11, 2009 by Shak

Guerrilla Games has today announced that it's second map pack for the fantastic Killzone 2 will hit the PlayStation Network today. The maps might be familiar to veterans of the first Killzone on PS2, but they have been completely reworked and re-imagined to suit the PS3.

When asked why the name of pack is Flash & Thunder, Guerrilla Games replied:

'Thunder' refers to the severe Helghan thunderstorm lashing the Beach Head map. 'Flash' refers tot the blinding thermonuclear explosion that sweeps through the Southern Hills map intermittently. There's an ISA Cruiser overhead which slowly powers up and then fires its main weapon at a nearby strategic location, and anyone who's not indoors when the blast hits gets vaporized.

The PlayStation Blog has put up a short list of what you need to do when an impending nuclear attack is coming. Be sure to check it out if you want to survive the Southern Hills map. For the short version: make sure you're inside a building.

Like the original Steel & Titanium map pack, this new pack will also add 12 trophies. A price for the DLC has not yet been announced, but expect it to be similar to the price of Steel & Titanium which cost $5.99.

Sony CEO confirms Killzone 3 March 20, 2010
 Police Officer Gets Caught Stealing PS3 Games November 8, 2009
 Killzone 2 Hits 2 Million Sold October 23, 2009
 Resistance and Killzone 3 Saving Sony's 2010 Holiday October 19, 2009
 Killzone on Hiatus July 24, 2009

SaintAvi says:
I think im still gonna wait for a bundle pack first
Posted on Jun 11, 2009 21:20:42
OwnU4eva says:
I got the first map pack and its awesome. I'll get this one this week. The best FPS I have ever played.
Posted on Jun 15, 2009 05:30:55