News - Need for Speed ProStreet

EA: We Believe NFS Shift Beats Forza 3
Posted on June 14, 2009 by Dustin S.

First its Forza padding the polls to beat Gran Turismo in Cnet survey. Then it’s the Forza developers saying Gran Turismo is not on the same scale as Forza. Now you would expect Polyphony to have some type of comeback right? Well we can wait till that game comes out to answer that question, but the guys behind Need for Speed Shift have some words of their own.

“Forza, I’m very confident we have a better game than them to be honest. Talking to the press, looking at the nominations, that’s clear. So, I’m glad that they’re confident but I’m as confident as they are.”

NFS is not really known for its realistic nature of things, especially this generation, but Shift is supposed to be a whole new turn. Could EA finally be stepping the game up? Maybe the game can even push its way to Gran Turismo 5 challenges? With their recent demo at E3 showing off how realistic the game is, they have me lining up to get my hands on it already. Stay tuned!

SOURCE

Gran Turismo Should Fear Need For Speed Autolog November 4, 2010
 EA Going Head on With Gran Turismo August 4, 2010
 Need for Speed ProStreet Review Dec 10, 2007 05:16
 EA Gets Some Topless Girls for Need for Speed Nov 26, 2007 07:45

GameCrashersBlog says:
Odd timing, considering I just put up my Forza 3 impressions. Frankly, I don't expect this game to steal me away from Forza 3 anytime soon. Call me biased, but I love me some Forza 3.
Posted on Jun 14, 2009 16:08:23
OwnU4eva says:
I think its obvious Gran Turismo 5 is a larger scale game, pretty stupid for anyone to say otherwise. How many racers have street cars, race track cars, rally cars, touring cars, nascars and so on. No one has played any of these games, so I think we will have to wait and see. Just caught this site the other day and I thought I might check it out.
Posted on Jun 14, 2009 19:02:33