For those who pop in your copy of MotoStorm into your PS3 for some full fledged racing action you will be treated to a new update with some great improvements being made to the game.
This update will come out in the middle of May and will be a required download to play it online.
This information is coming straight from PlayStation.com
The updates are as follows...
1. Game List Improvement
- ’Game Status’ is now displayed with the game list in the online lobby making it easier to find a session where you’ll be able to join and race promptly.
2. Host Identification
- Within the game lobby the host is now clearly identified by a ’host’ icon visible to all players and updated during host migration.
3. Boost Exploit
- A bug involving the boost system that allowed a player to use boost in an exploitative manner has been resolved.
4. Buddy List Size
- This has been updated to support up to 50 friends.
5. Text Cut-off
- When playing in standard definition all messages will now display as intended.
6. Improved Stability Online
- Online gameplay stability has been improved.
7. Audio issues
- All known issues with 5.1 / 7.1 surround have been fixed. Audio issues within the front-end have been resolved.
8. Player Ranking
- Players were found to be ranked incorrectly due to a bug. Because of this all online rankings will be reset and the ranking system should now function correctly.
Evolution and Sony apologise for this measure but it will result in a fairer and more stable ranking system for all players.