Resistance 3 information has been flooding in over the past week, and new information regarding the multiplayer has now been revealed. You may have read elsewhere that Resistance 3 will only support a maximum of 16 players online, on smaller maps similar in size to the Bus-yard in Resistance: Fall of Man. Insomniac also mentioned that there will be an objective based multiplayer too.
You may not have heard the following, which James Stevenson, Senior Community Manager at Insomniac, confirmed.
- Weapon wheel is also in the multiplayer.
- There are no vehicles in online multiplayer.
- Resistance 3 is not the last game in the franchise.
- Resistance 2's co-operative mode has been removed.
- Instead there is 2-player online co-op for the campaign.
I honestly loved Resistance 2's co-op mode, in fact it is probably the mode that I liked the most online. Although it has been removed in R3, there is a chance that the objective based multiplayer will in a sense replace it.